In Episode 11 of Rise Rooted, I interview Alexandra Hughes about how to share the domestic load so that you can create space to step into your greater purpose.
We cover a lot of ground in this episode, including:
- How women internalize patriarchal messages and how that leads to exhaustion and overwhelm.
- The importance of mental space for women and how to carve out time to get it.
- Why it’s important to prioritize your own pursuits now, even while your kids are small
- How working with your partner to “share the domestic load” can be a revolutionary act.
- How to work with your partner to create more equality in household duties.
- The importance of a joint vision for your lives as a way to make sharing the load easier.
Alexandra Hughes is a certified Life Coach who helps stressed and overwhelmed mothers to find calm in the chaos and magic in the mess. She works with clients privately, and in a number of online courses that she’s developed.
Alex is also lead parent and carer in her family, raising 3 kids (now 8, 11, 14), managing international moves and general house and family management.